Luxury Wedding Fairs With Top UK Wedding Blog Brides Up North

L.O.V.E: A Real Wedding In The North West – Jane & Graham

Posted on: 26/04/2012

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

This afternoon I’m over in the North West as guest speaker and just plain old guest at the North West Wedding Vendor’s Party with Lace Bridal.  I’m probably somewhere on the M62 now, singing along to the radio and checking my lippy in the rear view mirror.  I can’t wait!

In my absence, I leave you with a beautiful Springtime wedding from the North West, Lancashire to be exact, sent to me by Real Bride Jane and Anna Louise Crossley Photography.  There is a whole lorra love in the air this Thursday afternoon…

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

Let’s hear from Jane:  Graham proposed on Valentine’s day 2011 and we were married on 31st March 2012 at The Great Hall at Mains Singleton.  We loved that it was one big room so we wouldn’t have separated guests. We loved the beams and the old world feel and the gardens and grounds are beautiful too. Basically, we fell in love with it straight away.  Love was a big theme in our wedding – we didn’t really have a colour scheme other than champagne/ gold but we called all the tables ‘love’ in different languages.

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

My hair and make up were done by Hair by Vicky and Louise Maddison Make Up Artist

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography    A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

I chose my dress as it reminded me of a Vera Wang gown that I had seen. It was from One and Only in Preston and and was by Lusan Mandongus. It was ivory tulle with gorgeous flower detail around the bust and waist and flowers between each layer of tulle on the skirt. It was a much bigger dress than I thought I would have but fell in love with it.

I carried a bouquet of white roses, tulips and lisianthus with looped steel grass by Ashton Flower Shop

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

My bridesmaids wore long champagne gold gowns from BHS.

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

I loved the whole day but my favourite part was probably when registrar pronounced us as man and wife!

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

We travelled in style in a cream vintage Rolls Royce!

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

To add a special touch we used vintage bird cages as post boxes for gifts and chose charity favours for NSPCC.

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

Our catering was by Twelve Restaurant.  My friend has a cake business called Sugar Wishes. We chose a four tier chocolate fudge cake with ivory icing and hand made roses made of icing up the running up the sides.

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

Entertainment wise, we had a harpist – Maxine Molin Rose Harpist – throughout the service and canapés and magician before the wedding breakfast, with a DJ and disco in the evening.

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

We honeymooned in Cancun in Mexico for two weeks with the kids! Not very romantic!

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

My top tip for other Brides Up North would be to go with your gut instinct. I nearly always went back to my first choices. Also enjoy it! People kept telling me to relax before hand and as soon as I did I loved every second.

A Real Lancashire Wedding by Anna Louise Crossley Photography

Congratulations Jane & Graham!

Would you like to share your Real Wedding memories or engagement shoot on the wedding blogGet in touch!

– Images © 2012 Anna Louise Crossley Photography

This is not a sponsored post

Contact Brides Up North to submit your business as a Featured Supplier

Brides Up North UK Wedding Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

13 Comments

• April 26, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Really beautiful pictures!

• April 27, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Beautifully styled wedding, stunning bride, happy couple and captured beautifully too!

• April 28, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Hi Julia,
    Thank you so much for featuring the photos of Jane and Graham’s wedding on your fab blog. You’re right there really was a whole lorra love going on. I really was privileged to be part of their day. Thanks. Anna

• Ex Bridezilla
    April 28, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Wow I wish my special day had been captured like that on film. Beautiful and really tells the story of the day. Fabulous.

• Helen
    April 28, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Awwwww Wow! Utterly stunning! If this were my wedding i’d be absolutely over-the-moon with how the photographer has, so beautifully, captured so many exquisite moments. Outstanding!

• amanda harper
    April 28, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Beautiful photo’s, loving the red shoes. Just a bit different, I’m inspired!.

• catherine
    April 29, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Beautiful photographs :-)

• Samantha Hill
    April 29, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

What a fabulous wedding! Absolutely love the flowers and that dress is stunning. Very Vera Wang. The bride looks beautiful and she’s obviously really thought about all the little details that can make your wedding day the most amazing day. Love all the little details too. Very classy wedding. x

• Mrs H
    April 29, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Oooooh gorg dress, helped by a rather gorg bride. Where was my invite, please? Looked fab! X

• Claire Merrick
    April 30, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Gorgeous couple, breathtaking photography. Looks like such a fantastic day and the photography really tells the story of the day, through the most beautiful images….I wish Anna Crossley Photography had done my wedding. All the finer detail is simply fab; the scrabble letters, the heart chalkboard, the table decs – F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S! Here’s to the Happy Couple and Anna Crossley, for creating the most beautiful photos any newlyweds could hope for x

• Jane Darley
    April 30, 2012 | Permalink | Reply

Thank you for featuring our wedding day Julia, really pleased!
    Thanks for lovely comments too and Anna Louise Crossley you are the best! xx