Wannabe A Small Screen Star? How To Submit A Real Wedding To The Blog
Posted on: 25/09/2013
The one email I get time and time again from newlyweds is the one asking “How do I submit my Real Wedding to feature on Brides Up North?” There is a little page of the blog dedicated to this in the menu bar above “submit a real wedding”, but I thought that it would be worth outlining the process for any of you who have missed it and for the newbies around here (hello there and welcome!) as we look to the season ahead. Time to shout about your gorgeous real weddings people!
I pour over your submissions like a woman possessed (with wedding fever) and would love to hear from more of you. Get involved – this is your blog! Here’s a little recap on how to do it…
I accept submissions from brides and grooms, photographers, planners and other wedding vendors, and as well as weddings, I also love to see engagement session photographs, couples shoots, trash the dress, cherish the dress and styled session photographs. I accept wedding submissions of all themes, sizes, religions and sexual orientations.
From intimate do-it-yourself-dos with a difference to big budget blow outs, I believe that every wedding is special. I want to share in your day and help to inspire tens of thousands of other brides to be across the North of the UK and the wider web. Click here to see some of the most recent beauties on the blog.
Your initial contact email should include:
- Your name and email address
- Your Real Wedding venue and date
- A brief description of your Real Wedding including general theme, colour scheme and any other special details
- 4 to 5 varied images from your Real Wedding
- Confirmation that your Real Wedding has not been submitted to any other blogs/ websites/ magazines (with the exception of the photographer’s own blog)
That’s all folks! When submitting engagement photographs, trash the dress, cherish the dress and other styled sessions, please follow the submissions format as above substituting the relevant details as appropriate.
Whilst I do accept submissions from photographers and other vendors if you are not the bride or groom you will need to seek their permission before making your Real Wedding submission.
Should Brides Up North wish to review your submission further I will require:
- 50 high quality varied photographs, mostly in colour and without watermarks, at 600 pixels across or larger, 72dpi, to include stylish details of your Real Wedding (your photographer will be able to assist)
- I accept submissions as a ZIP file or via Dropbox (don’t worry, it’s easy peasy!)
- Completion of the Real Wedding Questionnaire which will be provided
- Details of your photographer and any other key suppliers
Whilst Brides Up North will carefully review each and every Real Wedding submission that reaches the second stage, it is with regret that I am unable to feature every Real Wedding that I receive. Whilst every Real Wedding is beautiful, I recognise that my readers require a variety of quality editorial content.
I will endeavour to respond to all Real Weddings submissions promptly, but if you do not hear from me within 5 working days of making your submission, please feel free to submit your Real Wedding elsewhere.
I can’t wait to hear from you! I genuinely love receiving your Real Wedding submissions, so keep them coming! Email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
This is not a sponsored post
- Accessories & Jewellery
- Bride – Wedding Dress
- Chair Covers
- Entertainment/ Music
- Event Styling & Decorations
- Hair & Beauty
- Hen Parties & Stag Parties
- Marquees & Tents
- Wedding Cars & Transport
- Wedding Diet & Fitness
- Wedding Favours
- Wedding Flowers
- Wedding Insurance
- Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Planners