One of my very favourite parts of my job as Editor here at Brides Up North is receiving and reviewing Real Wedding submissions from my newly-wed readers and industry suppliers. There’s nothing quite like the love and joy that radiates from the images of a couple’s big day and the palatable excitement in the accompanying email. I’m putting this post together late on Sunday evening, and I’ve just spent the best part of the afternoon approving some very, very special submissions that I’m so looking forward to sharing with you soon.
I hope that those of you who visit these pages daily will come back to share your own celebrations and help to inspire the thousands of readers who pop in to see us daily. It’s so simple to contact us with a submission – and all the details of how to do this are found permanently under the submit tab above – but now and again I like to reach out and remind you that I’d love you to get in touch.
We accept submissions from brides and grooms, photographers, planners and other wedding vendors, and as well as weddings, we also love to see engagement session photographs, couples shoots, trash the dress, cherish the dress and styled session photographs. We accept wedding submissions of all themes, sizes, religions and gay weddings.
If you’d like to submit your own Wedding to feature on Brides Up North all you need to do is drop us a line.
Your initial contact email should include:
- Your name and email address
- Your Wedding venue and date
- A brief description of your Wedding including general theme, colour scheme and any other special details
- 5 to 10 varied images from your Wedding
- Confirmation that your Wedding has not been submitted to any other blogs/ websites/ magazines (with the exception of the photographer’s own blog)
Should Brides Up North wish to review your submission further we will require:
- 40 to 50 high quality varied photographs – mostly in colour and without watermarks – of the day from start to finish to include stylish details of your Wedding (your photographer will be able to assist with this). I accept submissions as a ZIP file or via Dropbox only
- Completion of the Brides Up North Wedding Interview which will be provided by email
- Details of your photographer and any other key suppliers
- Online exclusivity for 28 days after date of publish
the fine print
When submitting engagement photographs, trash the dress, cherish the dress and other styled sessions, please follow the submissions format as above substituting the relevant details as appropriate.
Please seek your photographer’s permission. Whilst we do accept submissions from photographers and other vendors if you are not the bride or groom you will also need to seek their permission before making your Wedding submission. As standard, copyright remains with the original author of the images unless otherwise agreed between the parties.
Whilst Brides Up North will carefully review each and every Wedding submission that reaches the second stage, it is with regret that we are unable to feature every Wedding that we receive. Whilst every Wedding is beautiful, we recognise that our readers require a variety of quality editorial content.
Contact us by clicking here.
We will endeavour to respond to all Wedding submissions promptly, but if you do not hear from us within 7 working days of making your submission, please feel free to submit your Wedding elsewhere.
We can’t wait to hear from you! We genuinely love receiving your submissions, so keep them coming!