A WEDDING RING IS ARGUABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF JEWELLERY YOU WILL EVER OWN, SO WHY NOT MAKE IT EXTRA SPECIAL BY QUITE LITERALLY MAKING IT YOURSELF?
“I have no idea how to do that or where to begin,” we hear you say. But worry not, as we know just the guys to help you design and produce a completely unique piece of jewellery to treasure forevermore.
Introducing UNVEILED Network Member CAST. An inspiring family-run business that marries innovative concepts with ancient casting techniques to enable style-savvy couples to create and carve their very own bespoke rings.
Hailed the ‘ultimate jewellery making experience’, brides and grooms can produce their bands in the comfort of their own surroundings with an at-home kit or in the cool setting of CAST’s Sheffield-based studio. Either way, the team will provide the tools, inspiration and creative support required to create dream rings, initially designed in jewellery wax and then cast by the team in beautiful recycled gold, silver or platinum.
And much to our delight, CAST’s amazing experiences extend beyond wedding rings to jewellery-making hen & stag parties. Perfect for the modern bride or groom-to-be who craves an alternative activity, the hen and stag experiences can be delivered in person or virtually so there is full flexibility on location. Supplying the materials, guidance and even a playlist, drinks and nibbles, CAST deliver a hen or stag do to remember plus groups will have an extra special jewellery keepsake as a lasting memento of the occasion.
Here, we find out more about CAST’s unique offering, approach and values, plus the endless creative possibilities they bring.
WELL HELLO THERE!
Hi! We’re CAST, creators and hosts of the ultimate jewellery making experience. We’re a small team with big ambitions! We also work with lots of amazing independent creatives across film, photography, illustration and web.
WHERE DID THE IDEA FOR CAST COME FROM?
The concept was born from an ambition to host creative experiences, paired with interesting spaces, fabulous food, and of course, beautiful bespoke jewellery to keep and wear forever. The brand has naturally evolved, through events, bespoke wedding ring masterclasses, and over the past year, our at-home kits have sold phenomenally well. Being a small and agile business, we have the ability to adapt to anything that comes our way and make the absolute best of the situation…when, say, a global pandemic hits!
DESCRIBE THE SERVICE THAT YOU OFFER?
We’ve helped hundreds of style-savvy couples create their dream wedding rings, in our Sheffield studio, at a partnered venue and at home with our bespoke wedding ring making kit. Whichever route you choose to take, we start with a totally free phone consultation, chatting through budget, design, styles, precious metals and finishes. We fully understand this is a huge decision for you both, so we’re here to answer any question you may have before you decide to go ahead.
We’ll then arrange an in-person or virtual masterclass, along with all the tools, inspiration, guidance and creative support you’ll need to create your dream rings. The process is pretty magical; you create your rings in jewellery wax, we’ll then cast a perfect replica in beautiful recycled gold, silver or platinum, using the ancient art of lost-wax casting (over 6000 years old!) You’ll then receive your rings back to your door, beautiful packaged and ready to say, ‘I do’!
TELL US ABOUT YOUR STUDIO?
Our Sheffield studio is situated in the heart of Kelham Island’s creative quarter, within an old steelworks building – how very Sheffield! It’s our HQ, working studio and event space, so it’s always buzzing with activity. We have a beautiful studio space where we host wedding ring masterclasses, hen parties and many other celebrations, in total style.
HOW DOES IT ALL WORK ON THE “EXPERIENCE” DAY?
One of our expert team will host your masterclass in our beautiful studio, helping you design and make your dream rings, with full design support from start to finish. You’ll also have access to our amazing archive of wedding ring samples to try on and get a feel for your creation! We’ll take care of every last detail, making sure you have tonnes of fun in the process – a bottle of your favourite wine, tasty nibbles and a great soundtrack. We’ll even organise a minimoon escape with a Michelin star supper and stay in Sheffield’s finest boutique hotel, pretty damn special, hey?!
TELL US ABOUT YOUR AT-HOME KITS?
The ‘Bespoke Wedding Ring Package’ includes a kit each, a private one-on-one masterclass and plenty of wax. Many couples opt to make their rings at home using our kit, meaning you can make them in your own time and at your own pace. Along with your kit, we’ll make sure you’ve got plenty of wax to fit you perfectly. We’ll send you tonnes of fabulous inspiration, along with design support and tutorials (plus an excellent soundtrack!) Included with your kit is a one-to-one video masterclass with our expert team, perfect if you’d like a little support to get started.
WHY DO YOU LIKE WORKING WITH BRIDAL CLIENTS IN PARTICULAR?
Making your wedding rings with CAST is a pretty special experience. It’s couples’ opportunity to choose to ditch cliche, mass-produced wedding rings to make beautiful modern heirlooms with us. After all, your rings will be with you through all of life’s great adventures…it’s only right they should start with a love story of their own. It’s a pretty special feeling to know we’re part of their day and journey.
DOES YOUR JEWELLERY HAVE A SIGNATURE STYLE?
Each design is totally unique to the couple’s personal style. From super slim and dainty platinum designs to chunky molten gold with diamonds, the creations we cast are vast and varied. There’s total freedom to create whatever you want (with our help, of course) – this is the real beauty.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR HEN & STAG EXPERIENCES?
We’re experts in hosting stylish, creative, fun-filled hen & stag parties. From wonderful weekends in a Cotswold cottage, big city soirées or fabulous celebrations in our Sheffield studio. Basically, name the place, and we’ll host the most fabulous CAST experience for you and your favourites!
If you’re coming to us, our beautifully styled studio means you won’t need to zhuzh up the space ahead of your party – we’ll have the fizz on ice, a brilliant soundtrack and ready to celebrate from the minute you walk through the door! And if we’re coming to you, we’ll bring all the supplies, guidance and inspiration needed for a wonderful evening of jewellery making.
You’ll create your design in jewellery wax, and we’ll then work our magic and transform your design into beautiful silver, gold or platinum jewellery. Returning to your door, beautifully packaged and ready to wear. The perfect memento from an unforgettable celebration!
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP TIPS FOR CLIENTS WHEN DESIGNING THEIR WEDDING JEWELLERY?
- Choose a style you love. You’re going to be wearing these for many years to come, so it’s important they make your heart sing! Whether you’re choosing to make your own wedding rings or opting for a more traditional approach, it’s good to start by finding a style of ring you love. Our free design consultations are a great start. We’ll chat through your design ideas, budget and if you’re in need of inspiration, we’ll help you find your perfect style.
- Match your ring to your lifestyle. If for example, you have a pretty hands-on job, avoid huge statement diamond settings and maybe opt for a harder wearing base metal. Our expert team will help you select the right base metal and style to suit your lifestyle. For example, platinum is the most hardwearing base metal which may suit a more active and practical lifestyle.
- Bespoke doesn’t mean breaking the bank. If you start your ring search with a budget in mind, the rest of the process should be much more enjoyable. This means you can fall in love with your ring without panicking about creeping costs. CAST wedding rings start at just £100 for 925 sterling silver, with options to upgrade to yellow, rose, white gold, silver or platinum, with stone setting detail and engraving. Our expert team will help you create your dream rings to align perfectly with your budget and style, often making us way more competitive than high street equivalents.
AND YOUR NO-NOS?
- Avoid mass-produced. Opt for a bespoke, more personalised experience and finished piece. We offer endless ways to add meaning to your rings, from heirloom gold to marking each other’s rings with the most personal detail of all, your fingerprint. So many beautiful possibilities!
- Don’t overthink it. Most of our couples have zero jewellery making experience when they get started. All you need is a little imagination! We’ll supply as much wax, inspiration and design support as you need to create your dream rings. We’ll only cast when you’re totally happy with your ring design.
- We LOVE getting experimental with jewellery making, but we suggest opting for a classic shape when designing your wedding rings. Anything too ‘statementy’ will date, and you’ll be wearing this beauty for many years to come. We’re here for you every step of the way to help with design, sizing, and all the beautiful details.
WHAT TRENDS DO YOU SEE EMERGING IN WEDDING JEWELLERY IN THE COMING YEAR AND BEYOND?
There’s definitely an increased demand for recycled precious metals and ethical diamonds. We work exclusively with these materials, with the exception being – if you’d like to set your own stones in your ring – you can rest assured that we’re doing our bit and giving heirloom metals a second chance at life.
IS THERE A SPECIAL DISCOUNT THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO OFFER TO OUR READERS?
We love hosting hen parties, so, as a special treat, the bride goes free on booking over ten guests. This includes the masterclass, materials, inspiration and, of course, a totally bespoke piece of jewellery to keep forever and remind you of your wonderful hen party!
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TELL US ABOUT?
We recently launched ‘The Heirloom Kit’, our second jewellery making kit – it’s pretty special! In short, we’ve developed a super simple way to capture perfect impressions in wax, removing the need for professional tools or any jewellery know-how. We’ll cast your impression in recycled gold, silver or platinum, transforming wax into super stylish pendants, ready to be worn and adored for generations to come. We’ve cast impressions of fingerprints, pet paw prints, shells from favourite beaches, antique coins, flowers from wedding day bouquets, so many lovely stories to tell. It’s a modern-day heirloom, the perfect way to capture a moment in time. And they look BEAUTS!
HOW CAN COUPLES GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU?
To find out more about our wedding ring kits and experiences, you can visit our website or email me directly at email@example.com. You will also find lots more CAST goodness on our social channels – Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.